Monday, August 4, 2008

London Day 2

This morning had lots of potential as I was looking forward to watching the Wallabies V All Backs match, which was on at 8.30am on the television. Whilst waiting for that to start we watched the Adelaide V Carlton AFL game.

The rugby was very disappointing. After playing a good game in Sydney it was not a good follow up. The Wallabies now have a big test now against the Springbok in South Africa, it will really be hard work to turn around from this match and defeat the Springbok on their turf but if they cut down on the lost ball and correct the lineout problems from today’s game they should be able to win.

The pay television over here is full of sport from all over the world and you get to see a lot of the AFL and NRL matches live on the screen. Stewart records most of the AFL games and watches them when time permits.

I spent the day at home and was able to get some washing done (and dried in the English summer sunshine).

I was also was able to book my train ticket for Monday online. I am travelling down to Margate to see Mel & Jim who I have not seen since their last trip to Australia about 5 years ago. I have to get the train from Morden South which is only a 10 minute bus ride from here. The station is an unmanned station, with only a ticket machine on it. By booking and paying in advance I just need to punch my booking reference number into the machine when I get to the station and it prints out the ticket for me.

I need to change trains twice to get onto the right line to travel to Ramsgate which is the closest station to Mel & Jim. It is just under a three hour trip which I hope will be a lot easier than when I did it last time I visited them in 1991. There were a lot of track works taking place and I spent a lot of time getting on and off buses that were running the route to replace the trains. It really does not seem like 17 years since I made that trip.

I also got to catch up on this travel blog. I missed a day being able to get the entry online due to the long flight from Singapore to London and although I have written every day I needed to put two entries online at the same time to catch up. I did have two emails asking why I had not written anything for two days, so it is at least good to see that someone is reading this. Any comments on what I am doing will be gratefully received.

Also did some work during the afternoon on the photos on the Flickr page. With the free page you can separate the photos you want into only three categories, so I paid a yearly fee of $US 24.99 and now can separate the photos into as many categories as I like. It also gives you a lot more freedom in what you can do on the page.

Stewart was off during the afternoon driving for another wedding party. Both he and Jeanette are very busy with their work and Jeanette also works in the office for the Hire Car business as well when time permits.

We went out for dinner to the local Chinese restaurant and had a good evening.

No photo's and nothing added to the collection today. Tomorrow Stewart has offered to take me into London to look around central London whilst Jeanette has to go to work.

No comments: