Sunday, August 24, 2008

London Again

This morning Stewart took me to the local shops and I got a small box from the post office so I could post some parcels off to some collecting friends. Stewart had some business to do so I took the opportunity to also go and get haircut and then went off to Sainsbury’s to do some shopping. I was able to purchase some Pringles cans and also some Guinness cans.

Going back home to change cars as Stewart had to get a a road worthy certificate for the other car. While that was getting done we went to the local Marks & Spencers for lunch. Marks & Spencers supermarket section is an own brand only market. But they still have every food item you could want. They have a lot of items to take home ready made just to reheat. They have a deal where you can get for 10 pound, two main meals of your choice plus salads, two deserts and a bottle of wine.

After lunch we went to buy some large boxes for me to pack my items I want to send home by sea freight. Then I packed up the smaller package I wanted to send today and then went to the post office and posted it. Coming home I packed the box for freight but got 90% I wanted to send into one box. This is good as it will cost less money. The other 10% is mainly empty Pringles cans so they can be packed into smaller boxes and sent via normal mail.

After dinner I finally mended my original suitcase. I used the new solid plastic one when I went to Dublin and it was o.k. but I still do not like that it is heavier that the original one so I will leave the new one here in England and carry on with the original one. So now I have to change everything back over before Sunday morning when I leave for Orlando.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bet the post office loved you with the cost of postage over there we spent over 100 pounds in post age in 2002, but worth every penny to get the stuff, enjoy yourself mate if you need someone to carry your bags home just send me a ticket and I will be there
Mike and Zel