Friday, August 15, 2008

Linslade To London

Time has caught up and I have to move on again. Time here in Linslade and Wing has been good. It's been great to catch up with my relatives again. Also to see the countryside which is so different to the farming lands at home.

I can not thank Doreen, Claude and Dianne enough for the hospitality they have shown to me on this trip and also to Doreen's sons Paul and Stephen for showing me around the area and making me feel so welcome. I do hope that some day I can repay their hospitality if any of them ever come over to Sydney.

Doreen left early to go on a bus trip with the local ladies institute and I had Claude and Dianne pick me up and take me to the railway station at Leighton Buzzard to get the 11am train. I had an 40 minute ride to Euston Station and stood all the way because the train was full.

Changing to the Underground, I caught the train to Morden, luckily both stations are on the same line. I had to change as the first train terminated half way there. Getting off the train at Morden and heading to the Bus Stop I went into a pub and was able to get some coasters.

Catching the bus to Stewart and Janette's I did some washing and hung it out in windy overcast weather. Unfortunately the rain came and the clothes ended up wetter than coming out of the machine. I was able to hang it indoors and hope it will be dry for the morning.

I spent the afternoon in the Stewart's office downloading photographs and placing up the last four days events on the blog site. In the evening I sorted out what I wanted to take with me to Dublin. I can only have 15kg of luggage in the suitcase on the RyanAir flight so I will be leaving some of my luggage in London's.

No comments: