Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 27 – London


I woke up after 5 hours sleep and there was a little over 90 minutes left to go before we touched down in London.

It was a good sleep and I woke up to a light breakfast of fruit salad and an orange juice. I then started to watch an hour long show on players in minor league baseball in the USA and what it takes to make the Majors. Unfortunately BA turns off its entertainment package about 20 minutes before the plane lands. So I did not get to see the end of the show.

I had been corresponding via text with Stewart about him picking me up from the airport. He has a client to drive around in the morning and will be late picking me up. I had told him I would just sit at the airport and wait for him. That was before I realised again about the business class seat. So when I landed at Heathrow and cleared Customs and Immigration I text Stewart and told him I would be up in the BA lounge. So I went up to the BA lounge and had a good breakfast while I waited for him.

Once he arrived we made our way to his new office space and he did some work whilst I sat in a chair and dozed on and off while he was busy. Once he had finished his work we left so Stewart could run some errands and then we went to his home in Morden. We sat and talked during the afternoon while Stewart answered phone calls and did some work via his smart phone. I managed to doze off again at one stage only to wake to find Stewart had done the same thing.

By this time it was getting dark and Jeanette came home from her work. It was great to see her again. She is a great friend to me and someone I care a great deal about. We all sat and talked for a while before going out to dinner at a nice restaurant called Jimmy Spices World Buffet on The Broadway in Wimbledon. The restaurant provides Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican and Italian food, served as a buffet that you can keep going back to until you are full. I was able to get through some Chinese and Italian food before I was full. Stewart and Janette managed to get a desert in as well before they were also full.

We left there and had to go back to the office to get some paperwork Stewart needs for tomorrow. That done it was back home for a quick chat before I headed for bed. Again after what seemed a long day.

No comments: