Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 22 – Covington

Waking up this morning and as I had no milk so I went for a walk and found a local diner that services the office blocks in the area. I had some breakfast there and met some more of the other collectors that have arrived for the show.

Coming back from breakfast I walked into the hotel straight into more new arrivals. Today is the final day before the official functions start. I went back to the room and did some arranging of the items I have bought over the past three weeks. I have been picking up Pringles Chips containers while I have been travelling around and I need to start emptying them so I can use them to put cans and bottles into for shipping in the boxes I picked up from the post office.

During the morning I met up with Barry and Leanne and Rod from South Africa and we arranged to have lunch together at the restaurant in the hotel. It is at the rear of the property but overlooks the Ohio River and across to Cincinnati. You can see the city skyline and the Cincinnati Bengals NFL Stadium from the outdoor seating area where we had lunch. We had a good long chat about what has been happening to us all over the past year and we are trying to talk Rod into coming over to Australia to one of our annual can meetings.

Lunch and then split off to go check out the various rooms that were open to look at more of the collectibles that are being unpacked from boxes all the time. I had a quick sleep during the afternoon and on getting up went out for a walk alongside the river where there is a pathway to follow. Coming back towards the hotel I then went to Subway and picked up a couple of rolls for dinner before heading back to the hotel.

Once at the hotel it was another round of room to room trading plus catching up with more of the members that are still arriving for the show. I spent some time in my room watching some television and then walked around some more picking up some cards and tops for my collection. Around 11pm I headed off to the room and sorted out what I wanted to take with me tomorrow across to the venue before heading to sleep just on 12.30am.

No comments: