Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 21 – Covington

Up at a reasonable time and as Leanne had bought some milk last night I was able to have some cereal for breakfast. I then checked the tent hanging up in the bathroom and it had dried out so I was able to fold it up correctly and place it back into its cover so I can hand it over later this week.

I am developing a rash on both my legs, only above the sock line and below the knees where my shorts would have come to. So I assume that I rubbed up against something at Bristol in the campground that did not like me and I am allergic to something. It is providing a hot sensation on my legs but not too bad. I have got some cream to rub into it.

Today will be basically walking around the hotel catching up with all the other collectors as they start making their way to the hotel. I met up with my South African friend Rod, whom I reminded about the Rugby Tri-Nations tournament that Australia just one. He of course then reminded me that we had not won it for 10 years and were lucky to do so!!

There were people arriving from everywhere to say hello to plus I spent most of the day walking from room to room looking at everyone’s items they had for sale or trade. A couple of people had items for me that they had found during the year and I was able to purchase them for my collection. It is always good to get some Guinness memorabilia that is for the USA market. The oldest piece I got today was a TOC (Tin Over Cardboard) sign from a New York distributor.

In the afternoon I walked out into the local shops looking for the post office. I knew which direction it was in so was able to find it relatively easily. It is four long blocks from our hotel. I will need to go there on Saturday to post the items I am getting home at the end of the show.

It was very warm whilst I was out walking and it is expected to be averaging in the high 90’s in temperature for the rest of the week. I stopped at the local pizza shop on the way back to the hotel and picked up the menu as we are going to have buy in pizza for dinner tonight. The pizza shop also has for sale a Coke and a Sprite aluminium bottle and I was able to get them for my collection.

Back at the hotel it was more walking around and more meeting old friends, the convention committee had arranged for local micro brewers to donate kegs of beer for the members to try and they were available from designated Beer Stations around the hotel.

Finally it was time for some food and a group of us ordered pizza and waited for it to be delivered. We set up a table and ate in the landing outside of the rooms. We had plenty of offers from people wanting to help us eat it.

Then it was just more walking rooms and meeting people before I headed off to bed a little after 11pm.

No comments: